top eu nations begin brexit without the uk

View previous topic View next topic Go down

top eu nations begin brexit without the uk

Post by Nobby on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:15 am

http://news.sky.com/story/1717373/top-eu-nations-begin-brexit-talks-without-uk

The hastily arranged meeting begins with a defiant message from Germany that the UK's shock vote will not destroy the EU.

The six founding members of the European Union are meeting in Berlin to discuss Brexit - and the UK has not been invited.
The hastily arranged meeting began with a defiant message from Germany that the UK's shock vote will not destroy the EU.
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier vowed they "won't let anyone take Europe from us" but admitted people throughout the continent deserved better solutions to problems such as unemployment, the refugee crisis and terror.
He said: "The shock of the vote is still sitting deep.
"It's totally clear that in times like these one should neither be hysterical nor fall into paralysis.

"After the British decision, we must also not allow ourselves to lapse into inaction. The change that is taking place is necessary and I am certain that the 27 states will defend this Europe, with a strong will to also make this post-British-decision Europe stronger.
"It's obvious there's areas in which Europe has to provide solutions, that its people are asking questions about, that's the refugees and migration crises - where we in Europe owe some answers."
Also present are the foreign ministers of France, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Germany stressed the meeting was not "an exclusive format" and that other discussions were taking place among members of what is set to become a 27-nation bloc.
Mr Steinmeier's claim that the EU would survive the UK's departure contradicts a German government paper that outlines fears that France, Austria, Finland, Netherlands and Hungary may follow.
Nobby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: top eu nations begin brexit without the uk

Post by Hornblower on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:15 pm

good wish they would just get on with it , wish our bloody government would issue article 50 so we can start to leave .
I just watch Nigel Ferage saying he is nervous because he fears that Boris Johnson is going to make some deal that allows free movement of immigration when and if he becomes PM .

What a farce Mad
Hornblower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cat woman on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 pm

It was never going to be an instant exit there is far too much at stake , what i am concerned about is the thought of Boris Johnson being PM he doesn't have our best interest at heart .
We need someone who will break us completely free from the corrupt EU .
cat woman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mynameisJulia on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:31 am

I think there will be a lot of stalling to prevent brexit , already Boris is saying 'no rush'
well i disagree why drag our feet we voted to leave and we should be setting a plan into action asap .

I'm fed up of reading about these so called racist attacks , there were racists before we voted out so now all we're seeing in the news are reports of racism its planned to make those of us who voted to leave look bad .

And as for the generation snowflake who are protesting in London , go back home and look for work . Evil or Very Mad
mynameisJulia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top